Hey there, it’s Zulie, here with another video on how to help you grow your blogging empire and make a living by writing about what you love. Today’s video is kind of a confession about the downsides of blogging. A lot of times I pretend that I love blogging with no bad parts, and that I can make a living by writing about whatever I love – and you can too.
Stay tuned till the end where I share screenshots showing exactly what I mean.
That’s true, but it’s a little more complicated than that. There are real downsides of blogging.
Can I get real with you? I love my life. I love my work. But there’s a big confession I have to make about the hardest part about blogging – the downsides of blogging if you will. This aspect is definitely something to consider if you’re a new blogger wondering what mistakes to avoid.
Subscribe to my channel to get videos and live events on Tuesdays and Fridays.
I love answering questions and helping you out – let me know in the comments what you thought!
Get my FREE 5-day Medium Starter Kit to start making money by writing about what you love:
Looking for more Medium advice? Sign up to Write Your Future (writeyourfuture.substack.com), a newsletter I do with three other top writers. Every week, we send out advice, top tips, insider info, and answer questions about how to succeed by writing.
– I get all my clothing from Thredup, an online thrift shop. You can get $10 to start shopping with this link: http://www.thredup.com/r/XYVLL8
– I do consulting. Book me here: zuliewrites.com/consultations
– I can edit your article. Buy an edit here: zuliewrites.com/for-writers
– I use a Nikon D5100 camera and a lavalier microphone.
– I create my thumbnails and graphics in Canva.
– I grow my mailing list using Convertkit.
– My banner and website were designed by Jada Dreyfus. If you like what you see, feel free to check out the rest of her portfolio at https://www.jadadreyfus.com/
– My videos are edited by the incomparable Martin Evans. If you want to hire him for your videos, you can contact him at martinjdevans at gmail dot com
– [x] 1000 followers – April 12th, 2020
– [x] 5,000 followers – August 5th, 2020
– [x] 10,000 followers – March 28th, 2021