Tarpaulins (tarps) are waterproof materials that people from all professions use to protect their goods from moisture and sun damage. Tarps are typically made of synthetic materials like PVC, HDPE, and LDPE.
Here are some different uses of these versatile and durable covers –
- Groundsheets: Tarps are ideal for waterproofing the floors of tents. Campers use them to keep their campsites tidy in muddy or wet conditions.
- Tent Cover:A tarpaulin can be installed on top of a tent to provide maximum protection against winds, rain, and sunlight.
- Transportation:Transport companies use tarps to cover goods. Durable tarps are ideal for protecting supply chain goods from all weather conditions.
- Construction:Since construction workers often work under severe weather conditions, they use tarps to cover their worksites. Tarps offer perfect temporary relief from torrential rains, snowfall, hailstorms, etc.
- Create Temporary Shelters:Waterproof tarps are ideal for setting up temporary shelters in open spaces.
- Agriculture:Tarps are used by farmers to cover their farms during rainfall, cover greenhouse rooms, maintain desired temperatures within warehouses, etc. Many farmers even use tarps to construct primitive structures to give shelter to their livestock.
- Daily Uses:Lastly and most importantly, tarps are used by countless homeowners for various purposes in their day to day lives. Their resistance and strength make them ideal for protecting sensitive items like – cars, outdoor furniture items, couches, etc.
Which type of tarp will be ideal for your home? Let’s explore what the experts have to say!
Why Experts Are Urging Homeowners to Buy Tarps
The number of weather-related calamities worldwide has increased by five times in the past five decades years. Between 1970 and 2020, there were 11,000+ storms recorded across the globe. These storms cost more than $3 trillion in economic losses. Experts want all homeowners to use tarps to protect their properties in such situations.
Modern-day tarpaulins are made from woven polyethylene or vinyl. Both materials are cost-effective. This cost-effectiveness makes tarps must-have protection items for homeowners. Buy tarps to get low-cost protection if you can’t afford high-end anti-storm windows, doors, etc.
Which Tarps do the Experts Recommend?
Although canvas tarps and poly tarps (made from polyethylene) are great products, most experts use and recommend heavy-duty vinyl tarps. Made of ultra-durable vinyl, these tarps have amazing strength and tear resistance. These qualities make them ideal for both home and industrial use.
Vinyl tarps that are transparent (clear) also enable homeowners to check the items visually they’re covering. Here are some other reasons why every expert prefers using a clear tarp –
- Clear vinyl tarps can withstand years of exposure to snow, heavy rain, heat, etc., much better than poly or canvas tarps.
- Clear vinyl tarps are also thicker than most tarps. This thickness makes them extremely resistant to abrasions, mildew, grease, etc.
- These tarps also serve as highly durable floor covers.
- Clear vinyl tarps can also be used as durable curtains. They’re transparent, so they can also be used as salvage covers.
If low-cost protection is what you seek, you can’t go wrong with clear vinyl tarps!